AdventureWorks Database: Fetch hiredate of last employee in a department for a salary
SQL Query - AdventureWorks: Exercise-106 with Solution
106. From the following tables write a query in SQL to return the hire date of the last employee in each department for the given salary (Rate). Return department, lastname, rate, hiredate, and the last value of hiredate.
Sample table: HumanResources.vEmployeeDepartmentHistory
Sample table: HumanResources.EmployeePayHistory
Sample table: HumanResources.Employee
SELECT Department , LastName , Rate , HireDate , LAST_VALUE(HireDate) OVER ( PARTITION BY Department ORDER BY Rate ) AS LastValue FROM HumanResources.vEmployeeDepartmentHistory AS edh INNER JOIN HumanResources.EmployeePayHistory AS eph ON eph.BusinessEntityID = edh.BusinessEntityID INNER JOIN HumanResources.Employee AS e ON e.BusinessEntityID = edh.BusinessEntityID WHERE Department IN ('Information Services', 'Document Control');
department |lastname |rate |hiredate |lastvalue | --------------------+-------------+-------+----------+----------+ Document Control |Chai | 10.25|2009-01-22|2009-02-09| Document Control |Berge | 10.25|2009-02-09|2009-02-09| Document Control |Kharatishvili|16.8269|2008-12-16|2009-03-06| Document Control |Norred |16.8269|2009-03-06|2009-03-06| Document Control |Arifin |17.7885|2009-01-04|2009-01-04| Information Services|Bueno |27.4038|2008-12-23|2009-01-11| Information Services|Berg |27.4038|2009-02-16|2009-01-11| Information Services|Meyyappan |27.4038|2009-02-03|2009-01-11| Information Services|Bacon |27.4038|2009-01-11|2009-01-11| Information Services|Sharma |32.4519|2008-12-04|2009-02-23| ...
SQL AdventureWorks Editor:
Contribute your code and comments through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join