AdventureWorks Database: Calculate a row number based on SalesYTD ranking
SQL Query - AdventureWorks: Exercise-121 with Solution
121. From the following table write a query in SQL to calculate a row number for the salespeople based on their year-to-date sales ranking. Return row number, first name, last name, and year-to-date sales.
Sample table: Sales.vSalesPerson
SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORDER BY SalesYTD DESC) AS Row, FirstName, LastName, ROUND(SalesYTD,2) AS "Sales YTD" FROM Sales.vSalesPerson WHERE TerritoryName IS NOT NULL AND SalesYTD <> 0;
row|firstname|lastname |Sales YTD | ---+---------+-----------------+----------+ 1|Linda |Mitchell |4251368.55| 2|Jae |Pak |4116871.23| 3|Michael |Blythe |3763178.18| 4|Jillian |Carson |3189418.37| 5|Ranjit |Varkey Chudukatil|3121616.32| 6|José |Saraiva |2604540.72| 7|Shu |Ito |2458535.62| 8|Tsvi |Reiter |2315185.61| 9|Rachel |Valdez |1827066.71| 10|Tete |Mensa-Annan |1576562.20| 11|David |Campbell |1573012.94| 12|Garrett |Vargas |1453719.47| 13|Lynn |Tsoflias |1421810.92| 14|Pamela |Ansman-Wolfe |1352577.13|
SQL AdventureWorks Editor:
Contribute your code and comments through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join