SQL Exercise: Display department, grade, and number of SALESMEN
SQL employee Database: Exercise-100 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
100. From the following table, write a SQL query to identify departments with at least two SALESMEN in each grade. Return department name, grade and number of employees.
Sample table: employees
Sample table: department
Sample table: salary_grade
SELECT d.dep_name, s.grade, count(*) FROM employees e, department d, salary_grade s WHERE e.dep_id = d.dep_id AND e.job_name = 'SALESMAN' AND e.salary BETWEEN s.min_sal AND s.max_sal GROUP BY d.dep_name, s.grade HAVING count(*) >= 2;
dep_name | grade | count -----------+-------+------- MARKETING | 2 | 2 MARKETING | 3 | 2 (2 rows)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous SQL Exercise: Grade, number of employees, and salary for each grade.
Next SQL Exercise: List the number of employees in each department.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
SQL: Tips of the Day
Count the number of occurrences of a string in a VARCHAR field?
SELECT title, description, ROUND ( ( LENGTH(description) - LENGTH( REPLACE ( description, "value", "") ) ) / LENGTH("value") ) AS count FROM <table>
- Exercises: Weekly Top 12 Most Popular Topics
- Pandas DataFrame: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Conversion Tools
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - SUBQUERIES
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : For Loop
- Python Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Data Type: List - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C++ Basic: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Employee Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Movie Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Soccer Database
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : Recursion