SQL exercises on employee Database: List the no. of employees in each department where the no. is less than 4
SQL employee Database: Exercise-101 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
101. From the following tables, write a SQL query to find those departments where less than four employees work. Return department ID, number of employees.
Sample table: employees
SELECT dep_id, count(*) FROM employees GROUP BY dep_id HAVING count(*)<4;
dep_id | count --------+------- 1001 | 3 (1 row)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those departments where at least two employees work as a SALESMAN in each grade. Return department name, grade and number of employees.
Next: From the following tables, write a SQL query to find those departments where at least two employees work. Return department name, number of employees.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework