SQL Exercise: Employees retiring after 31-Dec-99 after 8 years
SQL employee Database: Exercise-30 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
30. From the following table, write a SQL query to identify those employees who retired after 31-Dec-99, completing eight years of service. Return employee name.
Sample table: employees
SELECT emp_name FROM employees WHERE hire_date + interval '96 months' > '1999-12-31';
emp_name -------------- ADNRES MARKER SCARLET (3 rows)
The said query in SQL that selects the "emp_name" column from the "employees" table who were hired after December 31st, 1999.
The WHER clause filters the result set for the "hire_date" column plus 96 months (or 8 years) is greater than December 31st, 1999.
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous SQL Exercise: Employees who earn more than 100 as daily salary.
Next SQL Exercise: List those employees whose salary is an odd value.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
SQL: Tips of the Day
Concatenate strings of a string field in a PostgreSQL 'group by' query:
ID COMPANY_ID EMPLOYEE 1 1 Anna 2 1 Bill 3 2 Carol 4 2 Dave
SELECT company_id, string_agg(employee, ', ') FROM mytable GROUP BY company_id;
COMPANY_ID EMPLOYEE 1 Anna, Bill 2 Carol, Dave
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook