SQL exercises on employee Database: Find the average salary and average total remuneration for each type of job
SQL employee Database: Exercise-91 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
91. Write a query in SQL to find the average salary and average total remuneration(salary and commission) for each type of job.
Sample table: employees
SELECT job_name, avg(salary), avg(salary+commission) FROM employees GROUP BY job_name;
job_name | avg | avg -----------+-----------------------+----------------------- CLERK | 1137.5000000000000000 | SALESMAN | 1500.0000000000000000 | 2125.0000000000000000 MANAGER | 2752.3333333333333333 | PRESIDENT | 6000.0000000000000000 | ANALYST | 3100.0000000000000000 | (5 rows)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource :
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework