SQL exercises on employee Database: Find the highest salary from all the employees
SQL employee Database: Exercise-90 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
90. From the following table, write a SQL query to find the highest salary. Return highest salary.
Sample table: employees
SELECT max(salary) FROM employees;
max --------- 6000.00 (1 row)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who work in the department 1001. Sort the result-set in ascending order by salary. Return employee ID, employee name, salary and department ID.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the average salary and average total remuneration (salary and commission) for each type of job. Return name, average salary and average total remuneration.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
SQL: Tips of the Day
Delete all Duplicate Rows except for One in MySQL?
SELECT * FROM names; +----+--------+ | id | name | +----+--------+ | 1 | google | | 2 | yahoo | | 3 | msn | | 4 | google | | 5 | google | | 6 | yahoo | +----+--------+
1. If you want to keep the row with the lowest id value:
DELETE n1 FROM names n1, names n2 WHERE n1.id > n2.id AND n1.name = n2.name
2. If you want to keep the row with the highest id value:
DELETE n1 FROM names n1, names n2 WHERE n1.id < n2.id AND n1.name = n2.name
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework