SQL exercises on employee Database: List the manager no and the number of employees working for those managers in ascending order on manager id
SQL employee Database: Exercise-96 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
96. Write a query in SQL to list the manager no and the number of employees working for those managers in ascending order on manager id.
Sample table: employees
SELECT w.manager_id, count(*) FROM employees w, employees m WHERE w.manager_id = m.emp_id GROUP BY w.manager_id ORDER BY w.manager_id ASC;
manager_id | count ------------+------- 65646 | 2 66928 | 5 67832 | 1 67858 | 1 68319 | 3 69062 | 1 (6 rows)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource :
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework