SQL Exercises: Salesmen commission with the percent sign (%)
SQL Formatting Output: Exercise-1 with Solution
From the following table, write a SQL query to select all the salespeople. Return salesman_id, name, city, commission with the percent sign (%).
Sample table: salesman
SELECT salesman_id,name,city,'%',commission*100 FROM salesman;
Output of the Query:
salesman_id name city ?column? ?column? 5001 James Hoog New York % 15.00 5002 Nail Knite Paris % 13.00 5005 Pit Alex London % 11.00 5006 Mc Lyon Paris % 14.00 5007 Paul Adam Rome % 13.00 5003 Lauson Hen San Jose % 12.00
The said query in SQL retrieves data from the "salesman" table and returns the following columns:
The string "%"
The result of commission column multiplied by 100.
The percentage symbol in the query used to represent the data in the "commission" column as a percentage.
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Visual presentation :
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join