SQL Subquery Exercises: Display all the information of the employees whose salary if within the range of smallest salary and 2500
SQL SUBQUERY: Exercise-10 with Solution
From the following table and write a SQL query to find those employees whose salary falls within the range of the smallest salary and 2500. Return all the fields.
Sample table: employees
SELECT * FROM employees WHERE salary BETWEEN (SELECT MIN(salary) FROM employees) AND 2500;
employee_id first_name last_name email phone_number hire_date job_id salary commission_pct manager_id department_id 119 Karen Colmenares KCOLMENA515.127.4566 2007-08-10 PU_CLERK 2500.00 0.00 114 30 127 James Landry JLANDRY 650.124.1334 2007-01-14 ST_CLERK 2400.00 0.00 120 50 128 Steven Markle SMARKLE 650.124.1434 2008-03-08 ST_CLERK 2200.00 0.00 120 50 131 James Marlow JAMRLOW 650.124.7234 2005-02-16 ST_CLERK 2500.00 0.00 121 50 132 TJ Olson TJOLSON 650.124.8234 2007-04-10 ST_CLERK 2100.00 0.00 121 50 135 Ki Gee KGEE 650.127.1734 2007-12-12 ST_CLERK 2400.00 0.00 122 50 136 Hazel Philtanker HPHILTAN650.127.1634 2008-02-06 ST_CLERK 2200.00 0.00 122 50 140 Joshua Patel JPATEL 650.121.1834 2006-04-06 ST_CLERK 2500.00 0.00 123 50 144 Peter Vargas PVARGAS 650.121.2004 2006-07-09 ST_CLERK 2500.00 0.00 124 50 182 Martha Sullivan MSULLIVA650.507.9878 2007-06-21 SH_CLERK 2500.00 0.00 120 50 191 Randall Perkins RPERKINS650.505.4876 2007-12-19 SH_CLERK 2500.00 0.00 122 50
Contribute your code and comments through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose salary is in the range 1000, and 3000 (Begin and end values have included.). Return all the fields.
Next: From the following tables, write a SQL query to find those employees who do not work in those departments where manager ids are in the range 100, 200 (Begin and end values are included.) Return all the fields of the employees.
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
SQL: Tips of the Day
"where 1=1" statement?
It's usually when folks build up SQL statements.
When you add and value = "Toyota" you don't have to worry about whether there is a condition before or just WHERE.
- Exercises: Weekly Top 12 Most Popular Topics
- Pandas DataFrame: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Conversion Tools
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - SUBQUERIES
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : For Loop
- Python Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Data Type: List - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C++ Basic: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Employee Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Movie Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Soccer Database
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : Recursion