SQL Subquery Exercises: Display all the information of the employees who does not work in those departments where some employees works whose manager id within the range 100 and 200
SQL SUBQUERY: Exercise-11 with Solution
From the following tables, write a SQL query to find those employees who do not work in the departments where managers’ IDs are between 100 and 200 (Begin and end values are included.). Return all the fields of the employees.
Sample table: employees
Sample table: departments
SELECT * FROM employees WHERE department_id NOT IN (SELECT department_id FROM departments WHERE manager_id BETWEEN 100 AND 200);
employee_id first_name last_name email phone_number hire_date job_id salary commission_pct manager_id department_id 178 Kimberely Grant KGRANT 011.44.1644.429263 2007-05-24 SA_REP 7000.00 0.15 149 0 201 Michael Hartstein MHARTSTE515.123.5555 2004-02-17 MK_MAN 13000.00 0.00 100 20 202 Pat Fay PFAY 603.123.6666 2005-08-17 MK_REP 6000.00 0.00 201 20 203 Susan Mavris SMAVRIS 515.123.7777 2002-06-07 HR_REP 6500.00 0.00 101 40 204 Hermann Baer HBAER 515.123.8888 2002-06-07 PR_REP 10000.00 0.00 101 70 205 Shelley Higgins SHIGGINS515.123.8080 2002-06-07 AC_MGR 12000.00 0.00 101 110 206 William Gietz WGIETZ 515.123.8181 2002-06-07 AC_ACCOUNT8300.00 0.00 205 110
Contribute your code and comments through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table and write a SQL query to find those employees whose salary is in the range of smallest salary, and 2500. Return all the fields.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who get second-highest salary. Return all the fields of the employees.
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
SQL: Tips of the Day
"where 1=1" statement?
It's usually when folks build up SQL statements.
When you add and value = "Toyota" you don't have to worry about whether there is a condition before or just WHERE.
- Exercises: Weekly Top 12 Most Popular Topics
- Pandas DataFrame: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Conversion Tools
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - SUBQUERIES
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : For Loop
- Python Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Data Type: List - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C++ Basic: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Employee Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Movie Database
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - exercises on Soccer Database
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : Recursion