SQL Subquery Exercises: Find the sums of the order amounts, grouped by date, eliminating all those dates where the sum was not at least 1000.00 above the MAX amount for that date
SQL SUBQUERY: Exercise-14 with Solution
14. Write a query to find the sums of the amounts from the orders table, grouped by date, eliminating all those dates where the sum was not at least 1000.00 above the maximum amount for that date.
Sample table: Orders
Sample table: Customer
SELECT ord_date, SUM (purch_amt) FROM orders a GROUP BY ord_date HAVING SUM (purch_amt) > (SELECT 1000.00 + MAX(purch_amt) FROM orders b WHERE a.ord_date = b.ord_date);
Output of the Query:
ord_date sum 2012-09-10 6979.15 2012-10-10 4463.83
Contribute your code and comments through Disqus.
Previous: Write a queries to find all orders with order amounts which are on or above-average amounts for their customers.
Next: Write a query to extract the data from the customer table if and only if one or more of the customers in the customer table are located in London.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource :
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework