SQL VIEW Exercises: Define a view that find the salesman who has the customer with the highest order of a day
SQL VIEW: Exercise-7 with Solution
7. From the following tables, create a view to find the salesperson who handles a customer who makes the highest order of a day. Return order date, salesperson ID, name.
Sample table: customer
Sample table: salesman
Sample table: orders
CREATE VIEW elitsalesman AS SELECT b.ord_date, a.salesman_id, a.name FROM salesman a, orders b WHERE a.salesman_id = b.salesman_id AND b.purch_amt = (SELECT MAX (purch_amt) FROM orders c WHERE c.ord_date = b.ord_date);
sqlpractice=# SELECT * sqlpractice-# FROM elitsalesman; ord_date | salesman_id | name ------------+-------------+-------------- 2012-08-17 | 5003 | Lauson Hense 2012-07-27 | 5001 | James Hoog 2012-09-10 | 5001 | James Hoog 2012-10-10 | 5003 | Lauson Hense 2012-06-27 | 5002 | Nail Knite 2012-04-25 | 5001 | James Hoog 2012-10-05 | 5002 | Nail Knite 2012-09-22 | 5006 | Mc Lyon (8 rows)
Inventory database model:
Contribute your code and comments through Disqus.
Previous: From the following tables, create a view to get the salesperson and customer by name. Return order name, purchase amount, salesperson ID, name, customer name.
Next: From the following tables, create a view to find the salesperson who handles the customer with the highest order, at least 3 times on a day. Return salesperson ID and name.
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
SQL: Tips of the Day
MySQL export schema without data
mysqldump -h yourhostnameorIP -u root -p --no-data dbname > schema.sql
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework