Python: Create all possible permutations from a given collection of distinct numbers
Python Basic - 1: Exercise-12 with Solution
Write a Python program that generates a list of all possible permutations from a given collection of distinct numbers.
def permute(nums): result_perms = [] for n in nums: new_perms =  for perm in result_perms: for i in range(len(perm)+1): new_perms.append(perm[:i] + [n] + perm[i:]) result_perms = new_perms return result_perms my_nums = [1,2,3] print("Original Cofllection: ",my_nums) print("Collection of distinct numbers:\n",permute(my_nums))
Original Cofllection: [1, 2, 3] Collection of distinct numbers: [[3, 2, 1], [2, 3, 1], [2, 1, 3], [3, 1, 2], [1, 3, 2], [1, 2, 3]]
Python Code Editor :
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to check the sum of three elements (each from an array) from three arrays is equal to a target value. Print all those three-element combinations.
Next: Write a Python program to get all possible two digit letter combinations from a digit (1 to 9) string.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join