Python: Check whether a point (x,y) is in a triangle or not
Python Basic - 1: Exercise-40 with Solution
Write a Python program to check if a point (x,y) is in a triangle or not. A triangle is formed by three points.
x1,y1,x2,y2,x3,y3,xp,yp separated by a single space.
print("Input x1,y1,x2,y2,x3,y3,xp,yp:") x1,y1,x2,y2,x3,y3,xp,yp = map(float, input().split()) c1 = (x2-x1)*(yp-y1)-(y2-y1)*(xp-x1) c2 = (x3-x2)*(yp-y2)-(y3-y2)*(xp-x2) c3 = (x1-x3)*(yp-y3)-(y1-y3)*(xp-x3) if (c1<0 and c2<0 and c3<0) or (c1>0 and c2>0 and c3>0): print("The point is in the triangle.") else: print("The point is outside the triangle.")
Input x1,y1,x2,y2,x3,y3,xp,yp: 2 3 4 5 6 8 7 1 The point is outside the triangle.
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to print the number of prime numbers which are less than or equal to an given integer.
Next: Write a Python program to compute and print sum of two given integers (more than or equal to zero). If given integers or the sum have more than 80 digits, print "overflow".
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join