Python: Create maximum number of regions obtained by drawing n given straight lines
Python Basic - 1: Exercise-54 with Solution
If you draw a straight line on a plane, the plane is divided into two regions. For example, if you draw two straight lines in parallel, you get three areas, and if you draw vertically one to the other you get 4 areas.
Write a Python program to create the maximum number of regions obtained by drawing n given straight lines.
(1 ≤ n ≤ 10,000)
Input number of straight lines (o to exit):
Number of regions:
while True: print("Input number of straight lines (o to exit): ") n=int(input()) if n<=0: break print("Number of regions:") print((n*n+n+2)//2)
Input number of straight lines (o to exit): 5 Number of regions: 16
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program that accept a even number (>=4, Goldbach number) from the user and create a combinations that express the given number as a sum of two prime numbers. Print the number of combinations.
Next: Write a Python program to test AB and CD are orthogonal or not.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join