Python: Remove the duplicate elements of a given array of numbers
Python Basic - 1: Exercise-73 with Solution
Write a Python program that removes duplicate elements from a given array of numbers so that each element appears only once and returns the new length of the array.
def remove_duplicates(nums): for i in range (len(nums)-1, 0, -1): if nums[i] == nums[i-1]: del nums[i-1] return len(nums) print(remove_duplicates([0,0,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,4])) print(remove_duplicates([1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4]))
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join