Python: Remove the duplicate elements of a given array of numbers
Python Basic - 1: Exercise-73 with Solution
Write a Python program to remove the duplicate elements of a given array of numbers such that each element appear only once and return the new length of the given array.
def remove_duplicates(nums): for i in range (len(nums)-1, 0, -1): if nums[i] == nums[i-1]: del nums[i-1] return len(nums) print(remove_duplicates([0,0,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,4])) print(remove_duplicates([1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4]))
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
Python: Tips of the Day
What is the difference between Python's list methods append and extend?
append: Appends object at the end.
x = [1, 2, 3] x.append([4, 5]) print (x)
[1, 2, 3, [4, 5]]
extend: Extends list by appending elements from the iterable.
x = [1, 2, 3] x.extend([4, 5]) print (x)
[1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework