Python: Find the position of the second occurrence of a given string in another given string
Python Basic - 1: Exercise-99 with Solution
Write a Python program to find the position of the second occurrence of a given string in another given string. If there is no such string return -1.
def find_string(txt, str1): return txt.find(str1, txt.find(str1)+1) print(find_string("The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog", "the")) print(find_string("the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog", "the"))
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to check whether a sequence of numbers has an increasing trend or not.
Next: Write a Python program to compute the sum of all items of a given array of integers where each integer is multiplied by its index.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join