Python: Count the frequency of consecutive duplicate elements in a given list of numbers, use itertools module
Python Itertools: Exercise-31 with Solution
Write a Python program to count the frequency of consecutive duplicate elements in a given list of numbers. Use the itertools module.
from itertools import groupby def count_same_pair(nums): result = [sum(1 for _ in group) for _, group in groupby(nums)] return result nums = [1,1,2,2,2,4,4,4,5,5,5,5] print("Original lists:") print(nums) print("\nFrequency of the consecutive duplicate elements:") print(count_same_pair(nums))
Original lists: [1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5] Frequency of the consecutive duplicate elements: [2, 3, 3, 4]
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to create non-repeated combinations of Cartesian product of four given list of numbers.
Next: Write a Python program to count the frequency of the elements of a given unordered list.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join