Python: Get the smallest number from a list
Python List: Exercise-4 with Solution
Write a Python program to get the smallest number from a list.
Example - 1 :
Example - 2 :
Example - 3 :
Example - 4 :
def smallest_num_in_list( list ): min = list[ 0 ] for a in list: if a < min: min = a return min print(smallest_num_in_list([1, 2, -8, 0]))
Visualize Python code execution:
The following tool visualize what the computer is doing step-by-step as it executes the said program:
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to get the largest number from a list.
Next: Write a Python program to count the number of strings where the string length is 2 or more and the first and last character are same from a given list of strings.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Python skills with w3resource's quiz
Python: Tips of the Day
Free up Memory:
- Manual garbage collection can be performed on timely or event based mechanism.
import gc collected_objects = gc.collect()
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework