SQL UPPER() function
The SQL UPPER() function is used to convert all characters of a string to uppercase.
PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle
All of above platforms support the SQL syntax of UPPER().
Application of UPPER()
In the subsequent pages, we have discussed how to apply UPPER() with various SQL clauses. we have used Oracle 10g Express Edition.
To get string the 'testing for upper function' in upper case from the DUAL table, the following SQL statement can be used :
SELECT UPPER('testing for upper function') AS Testing_Upper FROM dual;
In the above example 'Testing_Upper' is a column alias which will come as a column heading to the output.
TESTING_UPPER -------------------------- TESTING FOR UPPER FUNCTION
Here is a new document which is a collection of questions with short and simple answers, useful for learning SQL as well as for interviews.
Practice SQL Exercises
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Retrieve data from tables [33 Exercises]
- SQL Boolean and Relational operators [12 Exercises]
- SQL Wildcard and Special operators [22 Exercises]
- SQL Aggregate Functions [25 Exercises]
- SQL Formatting query output [10 Exercises]
- SQL Quering on Multiple Tables [7 Exercises]
- FILTERING and SORTING on HR Database [38 Exercises]
- SQL JOINS
- SQL SUBQUERIES
- SQL Union[9 Exercises]
- SQL View[16 Exercises]
- SQL User Account Management [16 Exercise]
- Movie Database
- BASIC queries on movie Database [10 Exercises]
- SUBQUERIES on movie Database [16 Exercises]
- JOINS on movie Database [24 Exercises]
- Soccer Database
- BASIC queries on soccer Database [29 Exercises]
- SUBQUERIES on soccer Database [33 Exercises]
- Hospital Database
- Employee Database
- More to come!
Want to improve the above article? Contribute your Notes/Comments/Examples through Disqus.
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework