Oracle NEXT_DAY function
How to get the date of the first weekday in Oracle?
NEXT_DAY returns the date of the first weekday that is later than the date.
|date||A date value used to get the next weekday.|
|char||Day of the week, either the full name or the abbreviation.
The minimum number of letters required is the number of letters in the abbreviated version.
Any characters immediately following the valid abbreviation are ignored.
The return value has the same hours, minutes, and seconds component as the parameter date.
Examples: Oracle NEXT_DAY () function
This example returns the date of the next Monday after March 12, 2015 :
SQL> SELECT NEXT_DAY('12-MAR-2015','MONDAY') "NEXT DAY" 2 FROM DUAL;
NEXT DAY -------------------- 16-MAR-2015 00:00:00
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join