PHP functions - Exercises, Practice, Solution
PHP functions [ 6 exercises with solution]
1. Write a function to calculate the factorial of a number (a non-negative integer). The function accepts the number as an argument. Go to the editor
2. Write a function to check whether a number is prime or not. Go to the editor
Note: A prime number (or a prime) is a natural number greater than 1 that has no positive divisors other than 1 and itself.
3. Write a function to reverse a string. Go to the editor
4. Write a function to sort an array. Go to the editor
6. Write a PHP function that checks whether a passed string is a palindrome or not? Go to the editor
A palindrome is a word, phrase, or sequence that reads the same backward as forward, e.g., madam or nurses run.
PHP Code Editor:
More to Come !
Do not submit any solution of the above exercises at here, if you want to contribute go to the appropriate exercise page.
PHP: Tips of the Day
Why shouldn't I use mysql_* functions in PHP?
The MySQL extension:
- Is not under active development
- Is officially deprecated as of PHP 5.5 (released June 2013).
- Has been removed entirely as of PHP 7.0 (released December 2015)
- This means that as of 31 Dec 2018 it does not exist in any supported version of PHP. If you are using a version of PHP which supports it, you are using a version which doesn't get security problems fixed.
- Lacks an OO interface
- Doesn't support:
- Non-blocking, asynchronous queries
- Prepared statements or parameterized queries
- Stored procedures
- Multiple Statements
- The "new" password authentication method (on by default in MySQL 5.6; required in 5.7)
- Any of the new functionality in MySQL 5.1 or later
Since it is deprecated, using it makes your code less future proof.
Lack of support for prepared statements is particularly important as they provide a clearer, less error-prone method of escaping and quoting external data than manually escaping it with a separate function call.
Ref : https://bit.ly/2BIIsF0
- New Content published on w3resource :
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework