SQL join two tables related by a single column primary key or foreign key pair using where clause
In this page, we are going to discuss the usage of two or more tables in a joining with single column PRIMARY KEY and FOREIGN KEY.
Sample table: foods
Sample table: company
To get 'item_name' and 'item_unit' from 'foods' table and 'company_name' and 'company_city' form 'company' table after a joining with following conditions-
1. 'company_id' is primary key in 'company' table,
2. 'company_id' is foreign key in 'foods' table which is referencing to the, primary key of 'company' table,
3. 'company_id' of 'company' and 'foods' must be same,
4. 'company_city' of 'company' column must be 'London',
the following SQL statement can be used :
SELECT foods.tem_name,foods.item_unit, company.company_name, company.company_city FROM foods ,company WHERE foods.company_id =company.company_id AND company.company_city='London';
ITEM_NAME ITEM_UNIT COMPANY_NAME COMPANY_CITY ------------------------- ---------- ------------------------- ------------- Cheez-It Pcs Jack Hill Ltd London BN Biscuit Pcs Jack Hill Ltd London Mighty Munch Pcs Foodies. London Pot Rice Pcs Jack Hill Ltd London
Here is a new document which is a collection of questions with short and simple answers, useful for learning SQL as well as for interviews.
SQL: Tips of the Day
How to avoid the "divide by zero" error in SQL?
Select Case when divisor=0 then null Else dividend / divisor End ,,,
Select dividend / NULLIF(divisor, 0) ...
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook