SQL EXP() function
SQL EXP() function returns e raised to the n-th power(n is the numeric expression), where e is the base of a natural algorithm and the value of e is approximately 2.71828183.
|expression||An expression which is a float or can be converted to a float.|
MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and Oracle
All of above platforms support the SQL syntax of EXP().
SQL EXP() function: Pictorial presentation
To get the e raised by 2's power from the DUAL table, the following SQL statement can be used:
SELECT EXP(2) AS e_to_2s_power FROM dual;
E_TO_2S_POWER ------------- 7.3890561
Note: Outputs of the said SQL statement shown here is taken by using Oracle Database 10g Express Edition.
Here is a slide presentation which covers the SQL arithmetic functions.
Practice SQL Exercises
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Retrieve data from tables [33 Exercises]
- SQL Boolean and Relational operators [12 Exercises]
- SQL Wildcard and Special operators [22 Exercises]
- SQL Aggregate Functions [25 Exercises]
- SQL Formatting query output [10 Exercises]
- SQL Quering on Multiple Tables [7 Exercises]
- FILTERING and SORTING on HR Database [38 Exercises]
- SQL JOINS
- SQL SUBQUERIES
- SQL Union[9 Exercises]
- SQL View[16 Exercises]
- SQL User Account Management [16 Exercise]
- Movie Database
- BASIC queries on movie Database [10 Exercises]
- SUBQUERIES on movie Database [16 Exercises]
- JOINS on movie Database [24 Exercises]
- Soccer Database
- BASIC queries on soccer Database [29 Exercises]
- SUBQUERIES on soccer Database [33 Exercises]
- Hospital Database
- Employee Database
- More to come!
Want to improve the above article? Contribute your Notes/Comments/Examples through Disqus.
- New Content published on w3resource :
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework