What is Firebug
Firebug is a free web development tool.
In this tutorial we are going to discuss following -
- How to install Firebug.
- Inspect and edit HTML with Firebug.
- Inspect and edit CSS with Firebug.
- Monitor network activity with Firebug.
You can download and install Firebug from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/.
After visiting the page referenced above, click on the Download button, it shows a window to and click on the Install button there. It takes a while and asks you to restart the Firefox browser. Once rebooted, click on Firebug under Firefox(top left corner of your Firefox browser) > Web developer.
At this stage firebug is not activated. If you click that icon, Firebug will get activated.
Components of Firebug
Click an element in the page to inspect
Go back and forward
Show command line
Net Panel (used for profiling so useful for page speed measuring and optimization)
Buttons for other activities
1 - Minimize Firebug.
2 - Attach Firebug to the browser window.
3 - Deactivate Firebug for this site.
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework