MySQL ATAN2() function
MySQL ATAN2() returns the arc tangent of two numbers for a point on a Cartesian plane.The reverse function is TAN().
This function is useful in -
- It is essential for dealing with coordinate systems, especially when converting between Cartesian (x, y) and polar (r, θ) coordinates.
- ATAN2() helps in calculating slopes and gradients of lines or curves in two-dimensional space.
- It is used in various engineering and physics applications for tasks like angle measurement, motion control, and trajectory planning.
- ATAN2() is used in control systems engineering to design controllers for dynamic systems, as it provides a means to calculate angles and directions of motion.
- In astronomy and satellite tracking systems, ATAN2() is employed to calculate the required angle adjustments for accurately tracking celestial bodies.
MySQL Version: 8.0
The above MySQL statement will return the arc tangent in radians of -3 and 2 for a point in a Cartesian plane.
mysql> SELECT ATAN2(-3,2); +--------------------+ | ATAN2(-3,2) | +--------------------+ | -0.982793723247329 | +--------------------+ 1 row in set (0.01 sec)
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join