MySQL PI() function
MySQL PI() returns the value of π(pi) which represents the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter.
This function is useful in -
- PI() provides a precise and predefined value of π, which is necessary for various mathematical calculations involving circles, spheres, and trigonometric functions.
- In geometry and trigonometry, π is a fundamental constant used to calculate the properties of circles, such as area, circumference, and angles.
- In engineering and physics, π is frequently used in formulas related to waves, oscillations, rotations, and other physical phenomena.
- In computer graphics and visualization, π is used extensively for rendering curves, circles, and other geometric shapes.
- Many trigonometric functions (such as sine, cosine, and tangent) involve π in their formulas.
- The PI() function is crucial for accurate statistical calculations.
- In statistics, the normal distribution, which is a fundamental concept in probability theory, often involves π in its formulas.
MySQL Version: 8.0
Pictorial presentation of MySQL PI() function
Example of MySQL PI() function
The above MySQL statement returns the value of PI().
mysql> SELECT PI(); +----------+ | PI() | +----------+ | 3.141593 | +----------+ 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join