MySQL COT() function
MySQL COT() returns the cotangent of a number.
This function is useful in -
- COT() is a fundamental trigonometric function used in mathematics, physics, engineering, and various scientific fields.
- This function finds the angle at which the tangent is equal to a given value by taking the reciprocal of the tangent.
- COT() is employed in the design and analysis of antennas, as well as in the study of wave propagation in various mediums.
- The COT() function represents oscillatory behavior and is used to solve differential equations with trigonometric functions in simulations and modeling.
- In electrical engineering, COT() is used in the analysis of alternating current (AC) circuits, especially in scenarios involving reactive components like inductors and capacitors.
- In computer graphics and animation, COT() can be used to create various effects, particularly those involving oscillatory motion or wave-like behavior.
- In the study of earthquakes and vibrations, COT() is employed to model the oscillatory behavior of structures and the propagation of seismic waves.
|N||A number whose cotangent value is to be retrieved.|
MySQL Version: 8.0
Pictorial presentation of MySQL COT() function
Example of MySQL COT() function
The above MySQL statement will return the cotangent of the number specified as an argument.
mysql> SELECT COT(7); +------------------+ | COT(7) | +------------------+ | 1.14751542240514 | +------------------+ 1 row in set (0.01 sec)
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join