MySQL DIVISION operator
MySQL division operator is used for integer division.
This function is useful in -
- Division is used to scale quantities and establish proportions.
- In statistics, division is a fundamental operation for calculating averages and means.
- Division is extensively used in financial calculations, including interest rates, profit margins, investment returns, and various other financial metrics.
- In graphic design and digital imaging, division is employed to adjust the scale of images, change resolutions, and control visual elements.
- In SQL queries, division can be used to perform complex calculations on data stored in a database.
- Division is pervasive in physics and engineering for solving equations, determining physical properties, and performing simulations.
num / num
MySQL Version: 8.0
Example of MySQL DIVISION() function
SELECT 12 / 3;
The above MySQL statement divides 12 by 3.
mysql> SELECT 12 / 3; +--------+ | 12 / 3 | +--------+ | 4.0000 | +--------+ 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook