Updating your Angular projects
Just like Web and the entire web ecosystem, Angular is continuously improving. Angular balances continuous improvement with a strong focus on stability and making updates easy. Keeping your Angular app up-to-date enables you to take advantage of leading-edge new features, as well as optimizations and bug fixes.
In this tutorial, we will explore some information and resources to help you keep your Angular apps and libraries up to date
Getting notified of new releases
To be notified when new releases are available, follow @angular on Twitter or subscribe to the Angular blog.
Learning about new features
What's new? What's changed? Angular share the most important things you need to know on the Angular blog in release announcements.
Checking your version of Angular
To check your app's version of Angular: From within your project directory, use the ng version command.
Finding the current version of Angular
The most recent stable released version of Angular appears in the Angular documentation at the bottom of the left side navigation. For example, stable (v5.2.9).
You can also find the most current version of Angular by using the CLI command ng update. By default, ng update(without additional arguments) lists the updates that are available to you.
Updating your environment and apps
To make updating easy, Angular provides complete instructions in the interactive Angular Update Guide.
The Angular Update Guide provides customized update instructions, based on the current and target versions that you specify. It includes basic and advanced update paths, to match the complexity of your applications. It also includes troubleshooting information and any recommended manual changes to help you get the most out of the new release.
For simple updates, the CLI command ng update is all you need. Without additional arguments, ng update lists the updates that are available to you and provides recommended steps to update your application to the most current version.
- Exercises: Weekly Top 16 Most Popular Topics
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - SUBQUERIES
- Java Array: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : Conditional Statement
- HR Database - SORT FILTER: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution : String
- Python Data Types: Dictionary - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Programming Puzzles - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C++ Array: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- C# Sharp Basic Algorithm: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Lambda - Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Pandas DataFrame: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Conversion Tools