Python Tkinter dialogs and file handling - Exercises and Solutions
Python Tkinter - Dialogs and File Handling [13 exercises with solution and explanation]
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts. Go to the editor]
1. Write a Python program that displays a simple information dialog using Tkinter.
2. Write a Python program using Tkinter, that implements a confirmation dialog that asks the user if they want to save changes before exiting the application.
3. Write a Python program that opens a file dialog to allow the user to select a file for processing using Tkinter.
4. Write a Python program to build a color picker dialog that lets the user choose a color and displays it using Tkinter.
5. Write a Python program to implement a custom input dialog that prompts the user to input their name and displays it in a label using Tkinter.
6. Write a Python program that creates a file explorer application that displays the list of files and directories in a selected folder using Tkinter.
7. Write a Python program using Tkinter that allows the user to create a text file and write content to it using a Text widget.
8. Write a Python program to build a simple image viewer using Tkinter. The system allows the user to open and display image files.
9. Write a Python program to create an application that reads a CSV file and displays its data in a Tkinter Treeview widget.
10. Write a Python program using Tkinter that allows the user to create a text file and write content to it using a Text widget.
11. Write a Python program using Tkinter to build a text editor application that combines file open, save, and save as dialogs for editing text files.
12. Write a Python program that prompts the user to select a directory and then lists all the files in that directory using a Treeview widget using Tkinter.
13. Write a Python program to implement a simple calculator application that performs calculations and saves the results to a text file using file dialogs. Use Tkinter.
Python Code Editor:
More to Come !
Do not submit any solution of the above exercises at here, if you want to contribute go to the appropriate exercise page.
Test your Python skills with w3resource's quiz
Python: Tips of the Day
Summing a sequence of numbers (calculating the sum of zero to ten with skips):
>>> l = range(0,10,2) >>> sum(l) 20
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join
We are closing our Disqus commenting system for some maintenanace issues. You may write to us at reach[at]yahoo[dot]com or visit us at Facebook