MySQL DAYOFWEEK() function
MySQL DAYOFWEEK() returns the week day number (1 for Sunday,2 for Monday …… 7 for Saturday ) for a date specified as argument.
This function is useful in -
- DAYOFWEEK() is used to categorize, analyze, and visualize data based on the day of the week.
- It's useful for identifying patterns, trends, or variations that occur on specific days.
- By using DAYOFWEEK(), you can obtain numeric values that represent days, which can be translated into day names for labeling or presentation purposes.
- DAYOFWEEK() is valuable for analyzing business operations that vary by day of the week, such as customer behavior, sales, or website traffic.
- In queries that involve filtering data based on specific days, DAYOFWEEK() helps categorize days and allows accurate filtering.
- DAYOFWEEK() aids in optimizing schedules and operations that vary by day of the week, such as planning promotions or adjusting staff shifts.
- When aligning dates with day-specific activities, DAYOFWEEK() ensures accurate alignment with the appropriate days.
Where date is a date.
MySQL Version: 8.0
Example: MySQL DAYOFWEEK() function
The following statement will return the week day number of the specified date 2008-05-15.
mysql> SELECT DAYOFWEEK('2008-05-15'); +-------------------------+ | DAYOFWEEK('2008-05-15') | +-------------------------+ | 5 | +-------------------------+ 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
All Date and Time Functions:
Click here to see the MySQL Date and time functions.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join