MySQL TIME_TO_SEC() function
MySQL TIME_TO_SEC() converts a time value in to seconds that have elapsed since midnight. It is a valuable tool for time-based calculations and comparisons.
This function is useful in -
- TIME_TO_SEC() is valuable for comparing time values based on their numeric representation, facilitating time-related comparisons.
- It can be used to calculate the duration between two time points by subtracting the converted seconds.
- TIME_TO_SEC() supports time analysis by providing a common unit of measurement, enabling time-related statistics and trends to be calculated.
- It is useful for filtering records or data based on time criteria, such as selecting records within a specific time range.
- The function is used in generating time-based reports with time values presented in seconds, which can be useful for data analysis.
- The function aids in sorting time values in ascending or descending order based on their numeric representation.
- It supports time series analysis by providing a consistent representation of time values for modeling and forecasting.
Where tm is a time.
MySQL Version: 8.0
The following statement will convert the specified time 05:15:40 in seconds.
mysql> SELECT TIME_TO_SEC('05:15:40'); +-------------------------+ | TIME_TO_SEC('05:15:40') | +-------------------------+ | 18940 | +-------------------------+ 1 row in set (0.02 sec)
All Date and Time Functions:
Click here to see the MySQL Date and time functions.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join